Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church and School was organized on July 19, 1874, in a German speaking community in Toledo, Ohio. First worship services were conducted in a small frame building that also served as a school. The first pastor was the Rev. H. W. Querl who conducted the worship services in the German language and taught the school in both German and English. It began with 14 pupils, by Christmas the school enrollment was 98. A few years later a full time teacher was called.
With a rapidly expanding membership, new facilities were constructed in the area bounded by Vance, Ewing, and Blum streets (Lenk’s Hill area). This included a brick two-story four-room school with four teachers, an expanded sanctuary, and a parsonage.
In 1958 a new facility was built on a 12 acre plot on Glendale Avenue – our present location. This first facility contained four school rooms and a multi-purpose room where services were conducted (more recently the old gym, now the cafeteria and, once again, multi-purpose rooms).
The present day sanctuary was dedicated in June of 1968. The school was expanded further in the mid seventies, giving Trinity an eight-room facility. The church office building (now the music wing) to the west of the sanctuary was constructed in the early eighties.
Another addition and renovation was completed in 2001, giving the campus a new gymnasium, more office space and updated classrooms.
In 2010, the congregation celebrated the note burning as we paid off our mortgage and became once again a debt free congregation.